Articles on this Page
- 12/12/18--13:24: _Scoot unveils new l...
- 12/12/18--15:39: _Stratim, formerly k...
- 12/12/18--16:39: _E-scooters can be h...
- 12/12/18--21:44: _Volvo Trucks teases...
- 12/13/18--03:00: _Dr. Elon & Mr. Musk...
- 12/13/18--06:00: _Aston Martin’s $3M ...
- 12/13/18--06:33: _Getaround to expand...
- 12/13/18--09:01: _Someone left a huma...
- 12/13/18--09:30: _Virgin Galactic tou...
- 12/13/18--10:11: _Toyota invests in a...
- 12/13/18--11:15: _Lyft is becoming a ...
- 12/13/18--12:01: _Google Maps now sho...
- 12/13/18--15:29: _Virgin Galactic Tak...
- 12/13/18--21:00: _A former Ofo exec i...
- 12/14/18--02:42: _China’s BYD further...
- 12/14/18--08:25: _Starbucks adding de...
- 12/14/18--12:30: _Lime continues to b...
- 12/15/18--03:00: _Zoox’s Maddening St...
- 12/16/18--06:00: _Inside Elon Musk’s ...
- 12/16/18--23:44: _BMW’s premium ride-...
- 12/12/18--13:24: Scoot unveils new lock to prevent scooter theft
- 12/12/18--16:39: E-scooters can be hacked. Here’s what companies are doing about it.
- 12/13/18--03:00: Dr. Elon & Mr. Musk: Life Inside Tesla’s Production Hell
- 12/13/18--06:00: Aston Martin’s $3M Valkyrie Hypercar Gets a V12 Engine
- 12/13/18--06:33: Getaround to expand Uber partnership to four more cities
- 12/13/18--09:01: Someone left a human heart on a Southwest Airlines flight
- 12/13/18--11:15: Lyft is becoming a one-stop transportation app in these 3 cities
- 12/13/18--12:01: Google Maps now shows nearby Lime bikes and scooters in 13 cities
- 12/13/18--15:29: Virgin Galactic Takes Off, and Space Tourism Draws Nearer
- 12/13/18--21:00: A former Ofo exec is launching his own scooter startup
- 12/14/18--02:42: China’s BYD further drives into Chile with 100 electric buses
- 12/14/18--12:30: Lime continues to battle San Francisco’s electric scooter decision
- 12/15/18--03:00: Zoox’s Maddening Struggle to Make Robo-Cars Safe—and Prove It
- 12/16/18--06:00: Inside Elon Musk’s Production Hell and More This Week in Cars
- 12/16/18--23:44: BMW’s premium ride-hailing service is now live in China
During the first two weeks of Scoot’s operations of shared, electric scooters in San Francisco, more than 200 scooters were either stolen or damaged beyond repair, Scoot CEO Michael Keating wrote in a blog post today. As a temporary fix, Scoot attached cable locks to some of its scooters in San Francisco. Now, the company […]
The post Scoot unveils new lock to prevent scooter theft appeared first on .
Stratim, the mobility services company formerly known as Zirx, is suing its co-founder and now-former COO Shmulik Fishman for breach of fiduciary duties, civil conversion, criminal conversion, theft, criminal mischief, deception, unjust enrichment and fraud. The lawsuit’s co-plaintiff is Adesa, a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, which acquired Stratim earlier this year. Stratim powers fleet management […]
The post Stratim, formerly known as valet startup Zirx, sues co-founder for theft appeared first on .
It seems almost too easy to steal an electric scooter.
They’re light, only about 30 pounds, and usually aren’t locked to anything, so you can simply lift them and throw them in your car. As long as you don't try to ride one while lo...
The post E-scooters can be hacked. Here’s what companies are doing about it. appeared first on .
Volvo Trucks released teaser images Wednesday of the electric trucks it plans to bring to California next year as part of a demonstration project, the latest truck manufacturer to publicize its electric plans in the state. The attraction to California is no accident. The state has set aggressive targets to improve air quality and reduce […]
The post Volvo Trucks teases the all-electric semi truck it’s bringing to California in 2019 appeared first on .
Unfettered genius. Unpredictable rages. Here's what it was like to work at Tesla as Model 3 manufacturing ramped up and the company's leader melted down.
The post Dr. Elon & Mr. Musk: Life Inside Tesla’s Production Hell appeared first on .
The forthcoming hypercar will draw more than 1,000 horsepower from the naturally aspirated engine, made with help from Formula 1 engineers.
The post Aston Martin’s $3M Valkyrie Hypercar Gets a V12 Engine appeared first on .
Getaround, the peer-to-peer car-sharing service that first launched at TechCrunch Disrupt NY in 2011, is expanding a partnership with Uber that gives users access to rideshare-ready vehicles. The program, which launched as a pilot in May 2017 in San Francisco, is now available to Getaround customers in Los Angeles and San Diego. Two more cities, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. will soon […]
The post Getaround to expand Uber partnership to four more cities appeared first on .
Passengers on a Southwest flight from Seattle to Dallas got more drama than they bargained for on Sunday when their plane was forced to turn around and return to Seattle. It was discovered that a human heart, intended as a transplant, had been left o...
The post Someone left a human heart on a Southwest Airlines flight appeared first on .
The fourth test flight of Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo took its test pilots to the very edge of space this morning, reaching just over 52 miles of altitude and a maximum speed of Mach 2.9. It's another exciting leapfrog of the aspiring space tourism company's previous achievements.
The post Virgin Galactic touches the edge of space with Mach 2.9 test flight of SpaceShipTwo appeared first on .
Parallel Domain, the startup that develops software to train self-driving cars in virtual worlds, has added an additional investor to its seed round. Earlier this month, Toyota AI Ventures contributed to Parallel Domain’s $2.65 million seed round led by Costanoa Ventures with participation from Ubiquity Ventures and others. “We’re not only impressed with their technology, but […]
The post Toyota invests in autonomous driving simulation startup Parallel Domain appeared first on .
Lyft is turning its app into a one-stop multimodal transportation app in a few U.S. cities, the latest illustration of its transformation from ridesharing startup to a company that wants to own, or at least be a part of, every way people move from Point A to Point B, whether it’s cars, bikes, scooters or […]
The post Lyft is becoming a one-stop transportation app in these 3 cities appeared first on .
Google has partnered with Lime to show nearby bikes and scooters in 13 cities worldwide. If there’s a Lime vehicle available nearby, Google Maps will show you how long it will take to get to the vehicle, the estimated price of the ride and total journey time. Similar to the Uber integration in Google Maps, […]
The post Google Maps now shows nearby Lime bikes and scooters in 13 cities appeared first on .
Richard Branson's extra-planetary effort takes a giant leap toward realizing its dream of making space tourism a reality.
The post Virgin Galactic Takes Off, and Space Tourism Draws Nearer appeared first on .
With €20 million in VC backing, Dott plans to release a fleet of multi-colored e-scooters in Paris in early-2019.
The post A former Ofo exec is launching his own scooter startup appeared first on .
Over the past few years, Chinese automaker giant BYD has been on a partnership spree with cities across China to electrify their public transportation systems, and now it’s extending its footprint across the globe. On Thursday, BYD announced that it has shipped 100 electric buses to Santiago, the capital city of Chile. The step marks […]
The post China’s BYD further drives into Chile with 100 electric buses appeared first on .
Starbucks is expanding its partnership with Uber Eats to more than 2,000 stores in the United States next year, about a quarter of all of the company’s locations in the country. The relationship bolsters Uber’s mission for its on-demand food delivery service, Eats. Uber has said it plans to cover more than 70 percent of […]
The post Starbucks adding delivery services to more than 2,000 stores via Uber Eats appeared first on .
Electric scooter and bike-share company Lime is not giving up on San Francisco. This afternoon, Lime plans to protest on the steps of SF City Hall to petition the city’s scooter selection process. “We are calling the SFMTA to expand equitable transportation options throughout the City by allowing more choice and greater options, by requiring […]
The post Lime continues to battle San Francisco’s electric scooter decision appeared first on .
The startup is just one of many self-driving developers looking for the best way to approach the tricky question of safety.
The post Zoox’s Maddening Struggle to Make Robo-Cars Safe—and Prove It appeared first on .
We go deep into the Tesla CEO’s very difficult past few years, hop aboard a self-driving truck, ogle Aston Martin’s hypercar, and more.
The post Inside Elon Musk’s Production Hell and More This Week in Cars appeared first on .
BMW has joined a handful of automakers to compete with transportation upstart Didi Chuxing, which bought Uber’s Chinese business in 2016. Last Friday, the German luxury carmaker launched a premium ride-hailing service in Chengdu, the capital of China’s Sichuan Province with over 14 million people. The new offer is part of BMW’s ReachNow carsharing brand that kicked […]
The post BMW’s premium ride-hailing service is now live in China appeared first on .