- RSS Channel Showcase 4888374
- RSS Channel Showcase 6278705
- RSS Channel Showcase 5639652
- RSS Channel Showcase 6796873
Articles on this Page
- 12/06/18--06:00: _UPS Is Testing Deli...
- 12/06/18--17:07: _In true Musk fashio...
- 12/07/18--04:00: _Electric Scooters A...
- 12/09/18--06:00: _Waymo’s Self-Drivin...
- 12/09/18--19:16: _Tencent-backed flee...
- 12/10/18--05:00: _TuSimple’s Robotruc...
- 12/10/18--13:33: _SoftBank invests in...
- 12/10/18--17:18: _Elon Musk Abuses Te...
- 12/11/18--07:58: _Daimler is buying n...
- 12/11/18--09:23: _Sidecar says Uber ‘...
- 12/11/18--10:00: _Lyft is making it e...
- 12/11/18--11:39: _Tesla is suing alle...
- 12/11/18--12:16: _Lift Aircraft’s Hex...
- 12/11/18--12:49: _Here’s how Lyft env...
- 12/11/18--12:55: _Report: Morgan Stan...
- 12/11/18--13:10: _Burger King’s 1-Cen...
- 12/11/18--14:03: _Elon Musk’s plans f...
- 12/11/18--18:53: _Facial recognition ...
- 12/12/18--04:00: _How Self-Driving Ca...
- 12/12/18--10:02: _Uber launches a bus...
- 12/06/18--06:00: UPS Is Testing Delivery Tricycles in Traffic-Choked Seattle
- 12/07/18--04:00: Electric Scooters Are Better for Cities Than Cars
- 12/09/18--06:00: Waymo’s Self-Driving Launch, and More This Week in Cars
- 12/09/18--19:16: Tencent-backed fleet manager G7 racks up $320M in funding
- 12/10/18--05:00: TuSimple’s Robotruck Cameras See Twice as Far as Any Lidar
- 12/10/18--17:18: Elon Musk Abuses Tesla Autopilot on *60 Minutes*
- 12/11/18--11:39: Tesla is suing alleged ‘saboteur’ for $167 million
- 12/11/18--12:16: Lift Aircraft’s Hexa may be your first multirotor drone ride
- 12/11/18--12:55: Report: Morgan Stanley lands coveted Uber IPO role
- 12/11/18--13:10: Burger King’s 1-Cent Whopper Is a Taste of the Robo-Car Future
- 12/11/18--18:53: Facial recognition tech spreads to car rentals
- 12/12/18--04:00: How Self-Driving Cars Handle Tricky Highway Merges
- 12/12/18--10:02: Uber launches a bus service in Egypt
More than a century after it started delivering telegrams by bike, UPS is going back to pedal power in its hometown.
The post UPS Is Testing Delivery Tricycles in Traffic-Choked Seattle appeared first on .
Long criticized for his time management skills, billionaire inventor Elon Musk is once again behind schedule on a major project.
This time it's the underground Hawthorne test tunnel for The Boring Company's high-speed transit system underneath Los An...
The post In true Musk fashion, Boring Company test tunnel opening pushed back a week appeared first on .
The vehicles made by Bird, Lime, and the like can slash emissions, reinvigorate mass transit, and address America’s dependency on cars.
The post Electric Scooters Are Better for Cities Than Cars appeared first on .
But the announcement came with serious caveats. Plus: Tesla's Autopilot, May Mobility, and scooters.
The post Waymo’s Self-Driving Launch, and More This Week in Cars appeared first on .
A sizable funding round is poised to heat up a race to automate China’s logistics infrastructure. Beijing-based fleet management company G7 announced on Monday that it has banked $320 million to drive technological development, bringing its total capital raised to around $500 million. G7, which runs a proprietary connected platform for trucks, shippers, fleet manager and […]
The post Tencent-backed fleet manager G7 racks up $320M in funding appeared first on .
The self-driving startup's computer-vision-wielding truck drives like a champion—until a system freeze cuts a test-drive short.
The post TuSimple’s Robotruck Cameras See Twice as Far as Any Lidar appeared first on .
SoftBank continues to invest in the future of transportation — this time in ParkJockey, a startup that has built a technology platform aimed at monetizing parking lots. And ParkJockey, which was founded in 2013, is already using that capital to scale up. Along with the SoftBank investment news, ParkJockey also announced that it was acquiring two […]
The post SoftBank invests in parking startup ParkJockey pushing valuation to $1 billion appeared first on .
By ignoring his company's instructions, Musk risked making the public even more confused about how to safely use the semi-autonomous system.
The post Elon Musk Abuses Tesla Autopilot on *60 Minutes* appeared first on .
Daimler plans to buy $23 billion worth of battery cells by 2030 as the maker of Mercedes-Benz vehicles and commercial trucks prepares to bring dozens of electric and hybrid vehicles to market. The German automaker didn’t disclose which companies would supply them with batteries. However, Daimler does have supply deals with LG Chem and SK […]
The post Daimler is buying nearly $23 billion of battery cells to power its electric vehicle offensive appeared first on .
Sidecar, an early player in the ride-hailing market, is suing Uber: "It was never a fair fight. That’s why Sidecar failed," says former Sidecar CEO Sunil Paul.
The post Sidecar says Uber ‘took illegal steps to undermine’ competitors in new lawsuit appeared first on .
Access to healthy food is particularly difficult in food deserts — areas where more than 40 percent of households don’t have access to a car, are located more than half a mile away from a grocery store and have a median income of less than 185 percent of the federal poverty level for a family […]
The post Lyft is making it easier for people in food deserts to access groceries appeared first on .
Tesla is now seeking $167 million in a lawsuit against Martin Tripp, the former Tesla employee who CEO Elon Musk has referred to as a saboteur, CNBC first reported. The lawsuit, originally filed in June and seeking just $1 million at the time, alleges Tripp stole confidential and trade secret information, and gave it to third […]
The post Tesla is suing alleged ‘saboteur’ for $167 million appeared first on .
We were promised jetpacks, but let's be honest, they're just plain unsafe. So a nice drone ride is probably all we should reasonably expect. Lift Aircraft is the latest to make a play for the passenger multirotor market, theoretical as it is, and its craft is a sleek little thing with some interesting design choices to make it suitable for laypeople to "pilot."
The post Lift Aircraft’s Hexa may be your first multirotor drone ride appeared first on .
The question of how self-driving cars will interact and communicate with humans is one that has come up before, but the answer is still up in the air. Google has been looking into this at least since 2012, and earlier this year, Uber filed a patent for using flashing lights and sounds to talk to […]
The post Here’s how Lyft envisions self-driving cars communicating with pedestrians appeared first on .
The investment bank is said to be leading Uber's IPO, expected in the first quarter of 2019. JPMorgan, meanwhile, has reportedly been hired to lead Lyft's offering.
The post Report: Morgan Stanley lands coveted Uber IPO role appeared first on .
With the spread of self-driving technology, gimmicks like the Whopper Detour will become much more pervasive—and a little bit creepy.
The post Burger King’s 1-Cent Whopper Is a Taste of the Robo-Car Future appeared first on .
Tesla CEO Elon Musk has floated the idea for an all-electric pickup truck numerous times in the two years. Now, he’s back at it, this time with a teaser that Tesla might have a prototype to unveil in 2019. Musk mentioned on Twitter the desire to produce a pickup truck way back in April 2017, […]
The post Elon Musk’s plans for 2019 might include a Tesla pickup truck prototype appeared first on .
Why take out your wallet and photo ID if a camera and software program can scan your face, verify your identity, and send you on your way in 30 seconds?
That's what Hertz rental cars is asking with its new partnership with Clear, the biometric face a...
The post Facial recognition tech spreads to car rentals appeared first on .
For tech that can struggle to understand how humans drive, the communication-heavy, high-speed highway merge is no easy thing.
The post How Self-Driving Cars Handle Tricky Highway Merges appeared first on .
Uber, which is gearing up to go public early next year, is really doubling down on this whole multi-modal transportation provider effort. Earlier this month, Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi announced the launch of UberBus, a minibus service in Cario, Egypt. “I’m excited to be in Cairo to launch Uber Bus, a product that will improve affordable […]
The post Uber launches a bus service in Egypt appeared first on .