Articles on this Page
- 01/10/19--06:00: _Beta’s Ava Is the E...
- 01/10/19--14:14: _Ford is shutting do...
- 01/10/19--15:21: _Lyft and Lime are r...
- 01/10/19--17:17: _Ford Shuts Down Its...
- 01/10/19--23:26: _World’s most valuab...
- 01/11/19--04:00: _Guardian’s In-Car C...
- 01/11/19--15:10: _Pervs kept stealing...
- 01/11/19--15:59: _Scooter startup Bir...
- 01/12/19--04:00: _Why Seattle Built—T...
- 01/13/19--06:00: _CES’s Flying Taxis,...
- 01/13/19--10:00: _Testing times for s...
- 01/14/19--13:35: _New FAA proposal wo...
- 01/14/19--13:42: _Self-driving car st...
- 01/15/19--04:00: _As Tech Invades Cyc...
- 01/15/19--05:00: _With a Cadillac SUV...
- 01/15/19--05:50: _Flaws in Amadeus’ a...
- 01/15/19--10:41: _Getaround early inv...
- 01/14/19--16:28: _Ford’s Shelby GT500...
- 01/15/19--13:24: _Riding the RV revol...
- 01/15/19--16:58: _10 Years Later, Ret...
- 01/10/19--06:00: Beta’s Ava Is the Edward Scissorhands of Flying Cars
- 01/10/19--14:14: Ford is shutting down its Chariot shuttle service
- 01/10/19--15:21: Lyft and Lime are rolling out new scooter models
- 01/10/19--17:17: Ford Shuts Down Its Chariot Shuttle Service
- 01/11/19--04:00: Guardian’s In-Car Camera Watches the Driver—And Everyone Else
- 01/12/19--04:00: Why Seattle Built—Then Buried—a Key Part of Its New Tunnel
- 01/13/19--06:00: CES’s Flying Taxis, and More of This Week’s Car News
- 01/13/19--10:00: Testing times for second wave scooter startups
- 01/14/19--13:42: Self-driving car startup Zoox gets a new CEO
- 01/15/19--04:00: As Tech Invades Cycling, Are Bike Activists Selling Out?
- 01/15/19--05:00: With a Cadillac SUV, GM Shows a New Way to an Electric World
- 01/15/19--10:41: Getaround early investor sues car-sharing startup for $1.79 million
- 01/14/19--16:28: Ford’s Shelby GT500 Is the Most Powerful Mustang Ever
- 01/15/19--16:58: 10 Years Later, Retrace the ‘Miracle on the Hudson’ Flight
The eVTOL aircraft may look strange, but it's a clever machine built for the coming age of air taxis.
The post Beta’s Ava Is the Edward Scissorhands of Flying Cars appeared first on .
Ford is shutting down Chariot, the shuttle startup that it purchased just two years ago that was supposed to be a part of the automaker’s fresh effort to move beyond the traditional business of buying and selling cars. Chariot will end service on commuter routes in the U.K. on January 25, according to a company […]
The post Ford is shutting down its Chariot shuttle service appeared first on .
Mama's got a new set o' wheels.
Cities with Lime and Lyft scooter share programs will soon see some new models scootin' around the city. The companies are rolling out new designs in the coming weeks, which they will integrate into their fleets over t...
The post Lyft and Lime are rolling out new scooter models appeared first on .
Despite a change in strategy, the app-based shuttle service couldn't make its business work.
The post Ford Shuts Down Its Chariot Shuttle Service appeared first on .
The world’s highest-valued artificial intelligence startup SenseTime has set foot in Japan. The Beijing-based firm announced on Friday that it just opened a self-driving facility in Joso, a historic city 50 kilometers away from Tokyo where it plans to conduct R&D and road test driverless vehicles. The initiative follows its agreement with Japanese auto giant Honda in […]
The post World’s most valuable AI startup SenseTime unveils self-driving center in Japan appeared first on .
Expect to see more systems like Guardian's Optical Cabin Control as cars start to drive themselves—and need to watch their masters.
The post Guardian’s In-Car Camera Watches the Driver—And Everyone Else appeared first on .
2019 has barely started, and we've already suffered a great loss: A "69" mile marker is gone forever, and will not be replaced.
The Washington Department of Transportation is sick and tired of people stealing the marker (notably known as the ~*** num...
The post Pervs kept stealing the ‘mile 69’ highway marker, so it was replaced with this appeared first on .
Cory Doctorow doesn’t like censorship. He especially doesn’t like his own work being censored. Anyone who knows Doctorow knows his popular tech and culture blog, Boing Boing, and anyone who reads Boing Boing knows Doctorow and his cohort of bloggers. The part-blogger, part special advisor at the online rights group Electronic Frontier Foundation has written […]
The post Scooter startup Bird tried to silence a journalist. It did not go well. appeared first on .
As the city gets ready to open the long-awaited SR 99 tunnel, it exhumes a crucial ramp it intentionally buried in 2013.
The post Why Seattle Built—Then Buried—a Key Part of Its New Tunnel appeared first on .
A Hyundai with legs, a Tesla Model S robot death stunt, and all the happenings out of Vegas that you missed.
The post CES’s Flying Taxis, and More of This Week’s Car News appeared first on .
Investors are still pouring millions into scooter startups, albeit sometimes at flat valuations. At the same time a little cash is flowing the other way, in cases where cities have realized the importance of prioritizing the needs of the local environment and its citizens, over and above the ambitions of VCs for a swift and lucrative […]
The post Testing times for second wave scooter startups appeared first on .
Companies impatient to make drone deliveries a viable reality should have a win to celebrate soon. On Monday, Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao announced in a “sneak preview” that her department would move forward with plans to remove waiver requirements for two key drone operation circumstances: flying after dark and flying over populated areas. “First, […]
The post New FAA proposal would let drones fly over people and at night without a waiver appeared first on .
Self-driving car startup Zoox has selected its new CEO following the unexpected firing of co-founder and former CEO Tim Kentley-Klay in August. Aicha Evans, Intel’s now-former chief strategy officer, is joining Zoox as CEO and member of the Board of Directors on February 26. “I’m thrilled to join Zoox and challenge the status quo with an […]
The post Self-driving car startup Zoox gets a new CEO appeared first on .
Now in the cycling business, Uber, Lyft, and others are co-opting the experience of longtime safe streets advocates.
The post As Tech Invades Cycling, Are Bike Activists Selling Out? appeared first on .
The concept teased at the Detroit Auto Show is the first step in a new way of winning drivers over to batteries and motors.
The post With a Cadillac SUV, GM Shows a New Way to an Electric World appeared first on .
You might not know Amadeus by name, but hundreds of millions of travelers use it each year. Whether you’re traveling for work or vacation, most consumers book their flights through one of a handful of bespoke reservation systems used across the commercial aviation industry. Amadeus is one of the largest reservation systems, serving customers of […]
The post Flaws in Amadeus’ airline booking system made it easy for hackers to change passenger records appeared first on .
Getaround is getting around the courthouse. One of the car-sharing startup’s early investors, Geoffrey Shmigelsky, is suing the company, alleging fraud and unfair conduct. “Our client supported Getaround and Mr. Zaid from the very start, only to be swindled out of $1.785 million that went straight into the pockets of Mr. Zaid’s family and friends, […]
The post Getaround early investor sues car-sharing startup for $1.79 million appeared first on .
The latest take on the muscled up Mustang has more than 700 horsepower and might actually corner as well as it sprints.
The post Ford’s Shelby GT500 Is the Most Powerful Mustang Ever appeared first on .
Outdoorsy is building for the road ahead. The three-year-old company, which connects customers with underused RVs and other trucks big enough to camp in overnight, just raised $50 million in Series C funding led by Greenspring Associates, with participation from earlier backers Aviva Ventures, Altos Ventures, AutoTech Ventures and Tandem Capital. That puts its total funding, […]
The post Riding the RV revolution, Outdoorsy fuels up with $50 million in fresh funding appeared first on .
On the anniversary of the remarkable crash landing, remember just how quickly it all happened.
The post 10 Years Later, Retrace the ‘Miracle on the Hudson’ Flight appeared first on .