Articles on this Page
- 12/28/18--14:26: _A year’s worth of P...
- 12/28/18--19:07: _Alibaba-backed Hell...
- 12/29/18--05:00: _Bell’s V-280 Valor ...
- 12/29/18--12:36: _FlixBus is testing ...
- 12/30/18--04:00: _2018 Was the Year o...
- 12/31/18--14:10: _Tesla is keeping 44...
- 12/31/18--21:49: _Go-Jek extends ride...
- 01/01/19--02:00: _9 of the best trave...
- 01/01/19--07:26: _The end of China’s ...
- 01/02/19--05:00: _Kango, HopSkipDrive...
- 01/02/19--15:43: _Tesla’s $7,500 Tax ...
- 01/02/19--19:03: _Curse you, people w...
- 01/03/19--04:00: _VW’s Mobile Charger...
- 01/03/19--06:00: _Segway unveils a mo...
- 01/03/19--11:31: _Cruise and DoorDash...
- 01/04/19--03:34: _First buses, now Sh...
- 01/04/19--10:21: _Boom Supersonic nab...
- 01/04/19--15:22: _New York’s L Train ...
- 01/04/19--18:34: _The Simple Engineer...
- 01/06/19--10:01: _Tesla’s Price Cut, ...
- 12/29/18--05:00: Bell’s V-280 Valor Tiltrotor Flies Through a Year of Testing
- 12/29/18--12:36: FlixBus is testing VR on certain routes to Las Vegas
- 12/30/18--04:00: 2018 Was the Year of the Scooter. What Happens Now?
- 12/31/18--21:49: Go-Jek extends ride-hailing service to the rest of Singapore
- 01/01/19--02:00: 9 of the best travel pillows right now
- 01/01/19--07:26: The end of China’s ride-sharing gig
- 01/02/19--05:00: Kango, HopSkipDrive Try to Make Ride-Hail Work for Kids
- 01/02/19--15:43: Tesla’s $7,500 Tax Credit Goes ****, But Buyers May Benefit
- 01/02/19--19:03: Curse you, people who landed $16,000 first class seats for $675
- 01/03/19--04:00: VW’s Mobile Chargers Could Help EVs Conquer the World
- 01/04/19--10:21: Boom Supersonic nabs $100M to build its Mach 2.2 commercial airliner
- 01/04/19--15:22: New York’s L Train Shutdown Is Canceled. Now What?
- 01/04/19--18:34: The Simple Engineering That Will Keep NYC’s L Train Rolling
- 01/06/19--10:01: Tesla’s Price Cut, and More Car News From This Week
Porsche’s first all-electric sports car might be the most hotly anticipated vehicle of 2019. Even Tesla owners are hooked. In a recent interview with CNET, Porsche North America president and CEO Klaus Zellmer said if everyone who has placed a deposit to pre-order the car actually buys it, the Taycan will be sold out in its […]
The post A year’s worth of Porsche Taycans are already reserved, mostly by Tesla owners appeared first on .
2018 has been a rough year for China’s bike-sharing giants. Alibaba-backed Ofo pulled out of dozens of international cities as it fought with a severe cash crunch. Tencent-backed Mobike puts a brake on expansion after it was sold to neighborhood services provider Meituan Dianping. But one newcomer is pedaling against the wind. Hellobike, currently the country’s […]
The post Alibaba-backed Hellobike bags new funds as it marches into ride-hailing appeared first on .
The V-22 Osprey-inspired aircraft, bidding to replace the Army's Black Hawk helicopter, has spent the past 12 months bagging a series of milestones.
The post Bell’s V-280 Valor Tiltrotor Flies Through a Year of Testing appeared first on .
FlixBus, the low-cost tech-forward bus service out of Europe that launched in U.S. this year, has added a VR experience to some long-distance routes to and from Las Vegas. For now, the FlixBus VR feature, which includes about 50 virtual reality games and travel experiences, is limited to routes from Tucson, Phoenix, Los Angeles and San […]
The post FlixBus is testing VR on certain routes to Las Vegas appeared first on .
After the mania comes the grind.
The post 2018 Was the Year of the Scooter. What Happens Now? appeared first on .
Some Tesla employees will ring in the New Year on a sales floor this year as the automaker tries to liquidate its inventory of Model 3 sedans — and even its more expensive Model S and Model X vehicles — before the federal tax credit for EVs is cut in half. In a list of updated […]
The post Tesla is keeping 44 U.S. stores open until midnight in year-end Model 3 sales push appeared first on .
After a limited rollout, Go-Jek said today that it will extend its ride-hailing service to all of Singapore tomorrow while continuing its beta phase. The Indonesian-based company began offering rides in Singapore at the end of November, but only for passengers riding to and from certain areas. It https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/gojek-introduces-dynamic-pricing-move-will-likely-attract-more-drivers-to-joinintroduced dynamic pricing there, which increases prices […]
The post Go-Jek extends ride-hailing service to the rest of Singapore appeared first on .
The worst part about traveling is... well, traveling. Nobody likes to spend hours sitting in a cramped space in between two strangers with little to no leg room. In fact, if you think about it, every flight or bus ride is the worst way to begin and e...
The post 9 of the best travel pillows right now appeared first on .
Over the last few years, millions of Chinese workers managed to earn extra money by being ride-hailing drivers. Many picked the gig because of its flexible schedule. For those who could not otherwise afford to own a car in China’s pricy metropolises, driving around is also a status symbol, even if they are paying off […]
The post The end of China’s ride-sharing gig appeared first on .
The outfits vying to be the "Uber for kids" must build viable businesses that assuage all sorts of concerns about kids in cars.
The post Kango, HopSkipDrive Try to Make Ride-Hail Work for Kids appeared first on .
To offset the phase-out of the federal tax credit, Tesla cut the price of its cars by $2,000—which might be better for some buyers.
The post Tesla’s $7,500 Tax Credit Goes ****, But Buyers May Benefit appeared first on .
While we toil on travel sites looking to save a couple of bucks on a squishy flight, spare a thought (or your jealousy) for these people who snagged the travel deal of a lifetime.
Cathay Pacific sold premium business and first-class tickets from the ...
The post Curse you, people who landed $16,000 first class seats for $675 appeared first on .
These behemoths hold enough juice for 15 electric cars, and are meant to supplement areas with sub-par charging networks.
The post VW’s Mobile Chargers Could Help EVs Conquer the World appeared first on .
Wear and tear is a major issue in the realm of electric scooters, resulting in a short lifespan of individual scooters and poor unit economics. At the Consumer Electronics Show today, Segway -Ninebot unveiled the Model Max scooter that is designed to help services like Bird and Lime, for example, reduce their respective operating and […]
The post Segway unveils a more durable electric scooter and autonomous delivery bot appeared first on .
Cruise is partnering with DoorDash to pilot food and grocery delivery in San Francisco using self-driving vehicles. The companies announced Thursday that the testing program will begin in early 2019 with an initial focus on the San Francisco market. “Delivery is a significant opportunity for Cruise as we prepare to commercialize our autonomous vehicle technology and […]
The post Cruise and DoorDash to test food delivery using self-driving cars in San Francisco appeared first on .
Roads in a Chinese city have gotten much quieter in recent years. Shenzhen, widely called the Silicon Valley of hardware, has been pouring resources to phase out rattling diesel vehicles chugging through the city of 12 million people. All public buses in the city went electric by the end of 2017. Taxis soon followed suit. […]
The post First buses, now Shenzhen has turned its taxis electric in green push appeared first on .
One Denver-based startup’s long-shot bid to move today’s commercial jets beyond supersonic speeds just got a big injection of cash. Boom Supersonic, which is building and designing what it calls the “world’s first economically viable supersonic airliner,” announced today that they’ve closed a $100 million Series B funding round led by Emerson Capital. Other investors […]
The post Boom Supersonic nabs $100M to build its Mach 2.2 commercial airliner appeared first on .
Organizers and transit companies wonder how the averted shutdown will affect its silver lining: the city's plans to rethink its transportation system.
The post New York’s L Train Shutdown Is Canceled. Now What? appeared first on .
Governor Andrew Cuomo says there’s an easy way to fix the Canarsie Tunnel without shutting down the line for several years. And it’s already been used in other cities.
The post The Simple Engineering That Will Keep NYC’s L Train Rolling appeared first on .
Plus, New York cancels a much-hyped subway shutdown, self-driving cars have an interesting 2018, and we ride an odd, three-wheeled electric vehicle.
The post Tesla’s Price Cut, and More Car News From This Week appeared first on .